Monday, June 14, 2010

It's getting better all the time

For about 5 days now, Ryder has been on a better night schedule. Yay for Joe and me! So his typical "schedule" now is that he eats his last meal before going in his crib for the night around 1030 or 11. He usually takes 4oz when we do give him a bottle during the day, but then the last feeding before bed we give him a bigger bottle with 5 to 5 1/2 ounces in it. He then falls asleep right away and doesnt wake up again until around 4-430am. Again, he eats and then falls back asleep usually within 15 minutes or so. He then sleeps until about 8am. So that's not bad AT ALL compared to a few weeks ago. And if you look at it compared to the first month, we have eliminated 3 (yes, three!) night feedings: the 12am, 2am, and 6am feedings. And now today, after Ryder's 8am feeding he fell back asleep again at about 845 and is still sleeping right now at 1050!! So what I'm going to try tonight (since he obviously is still tired in the morning) is to switch his bigger bottle for his last meal from the 1030/11pm time slot to a little earlier time, like around 8 or 9pm. Then I will put him in his crib after that one and maybe joe and I can get to sleep earlier.........................

Or not...If any of you really know Joe, it's that he's a night owl and seriously has issues with getting to bed early (and by early, I mean like 10-1030). No matter how hard I try, I just cannot get him to not be a putz at night and get things done earlier in the evening. It will be 1030 at night (or like last night, 1115pm) and he'll be upstairs doing some "last minute" stuff on his work computer. Then it's the bedtime routine that takes forever....with the shower, the flossing...mix a little tv watching in there while he's brushing his teeth...maybe he forgot and now he needs a piece of toast as a bedtime snack because now he's hungry....can you see this kills me!?!? hahahaha. This never got to me before a baby, but Lordy does a baby change the way you look at how fast one can get in bed at night and therefore, how fast we can fall asleep. Oh, Joe.....I guess we balance each other out considering he's a procrastinator and I'm a scheduler. You gotta love him! ;) And hopefully Ryder will just start sleeping through the night soon so that this is no longer such a big deal (to me). I guess if that is our only stress with the baby, then we're doing alright :)

1 comment:

  1. YAY!! Glad he is sleeping better. It makes a world of difference. It will just keep getting easier.

    ReplyDelete