Thursday, June 24, 2010

First night away :(

My technical time to return to work from my maternity leave is not until July 8th. BUT....in order to keep my health insurance and not pay COBRA for the month of July, I had to work one day before the end of this month. I asked around and found someone to let me pick up a shift for them...and it happens to be tonight :( I'm so not looking forward to working tonight for a few reasons. First and foremost: I have to leave my baby!! It will be the longest time away from him yet for me, so that is sad. Second, I did not sleep well last night because Ryder decided to wake up and cry because he lost his paci (and realized it, normally he doesnt care) at 1:20am, 3am (I fed him at this time), 4:30am, and 6am (I fed him again here to get him back to sleep). Ahhhh, it's like he knew that I was leaving him tonight and was punishing me by not letting me get a good night's sleep (all relative in the sense of "good" of course). Obviously he has no clue, but that's just what I like to think. Lastly, I am not nervous at all for Joe in the sense that he won't be able to handle Ryder at night. Joe is AWESOME with Ryder. But I'm worried he won't wake up and hear him! :) He sleeps like a rock and sometimes doesn't wake up when Ryder does. We'll just have to crank the monitor really loud for him I guess!

I'm grateful for my mother-in-law, Amy. She's coming down this afternoon/evening so I can get a nap in hopefully before working tonight. And I am also grateful for my own mom because she's coming down tomorrow morning early so that I can sleep tomorrow during the day for a little bit after I get off work. I am a lucky girl! Also exciting: Friday night we are going to watch Joe's cousin Jake and his band play at the Maple Tavern in Maple Grove. Should be a good time!!

1 comment: