Sunday, June 13, 2010

Date night for mom and dad

Joe and I went out on Saturday evening for an overdue date night. My parents came down and got in some good grandma and grandpa time with Ryder, so it was a win-win for everyone :) It was funny---Joe and I were almost giddy we were so excited to be out and about. We were laughing and having a good time. After an awesome Redstone dinner (we were going to go to a new Greek place, but at the last minute decided we wanted to go for a sure thing since we don't get out often!), we headed over to Best Buy (I know, we're WILD) and bought some new dvds. Alas, we could not be out much longer than the 3 to 3 1/2 hours we were gone because of having to pump (yay, for nursing) but it was so much fun and I'm glad Joe and I got to "reconnect" I guess I would call it.

Speaking of nursing....

If you remember from the first few weeks after Ryder was born, I HATED HATED HATED every minute of breastfeeding. Some people say it comes naturally and that it's easy. I would like to find those people, and I would like to pinch those people. Hard. No, I'm kidding totally. But let's just say that it did NOT come easy for me and I wanted to quit each and every time I nursed Ryder for the first month, especially the first two weeks which were brutally painful. That means that I spent about half of the day wishing I could quit, considering Ryder fed 12 times a day for almost an hour a pop!! Anyways, enough complaining. I am super glad I stuck it out because around week 4 it finally stopped hurting so incredibly bad and burning, but was still uncomfortable. And by week 7 (yes, almost 2 months) it finally stopped being irritated/uncomfortable. It's now easy, and I don't mind nursing anymore. In fact, I actually enjoy that time being so close with Ryder. Especially now that he's getting so big so fast!! Unless he's nursing or really really tired, he no longer likes to be held like a baby :( He is too curious and likes to look around. I guess I will try even harder to enjoy each and every day.

PS: I think that last paragraph was TMI (too much information). It's a good thing that kinda thing doesn't bother me ;)

1 comment: