Thursday, March 10, 2011

Physical therapy update

Yes, we are still doing physical therapy once a month with Ryder. Yesterday we went again and Ryder got a great report. When we initially started going when Ryder was 2 months old, his head tilted at a 15-20 degree angle. Last month we went and his head was tilted at a 5 degree angle and yesterday his head was only at a 2-3 degree tilt. And when he was on his tummy, he had no tilt! I will be honest, I'm not very good about doing Ryder's exercises anyways anymore. He's too stubborn and gets so ticked when I attempt to do them, so I just gave up because what's the point of doing exercises where he's resisting and not doing them properly? Or maybe that's just my thought process to justify not doing them very often! So either way, it seems as though he is correcting his tilt on his own as he's gotten bigger.

Speaking of getting bigger, I cannot believe that Ryder is going to be ONE YEAR OLD in a month. That is the craziest thing in the world. We're doing a little birthday party with my immediate family and Joe's immediate family and then I'm sure we'll be doing more first bday parties with extended families too. I've been trying to think of something to get him for his first bday, but really, he's going to get so many gifts it's almost silly to try and think of something extra we could get him. Any ideas of gifts out there that a one year old would love to have? Let me know!

4 comments:

  1. Carly, I think a 1 year old would LOVE a baby brother or sister to play with ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha very funny, Amy Grace...very funny...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes that would be the best gift all around :-) Bubbles are like crack for kids - stock up! New sippy cups and whole milk!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ummm... i will keep thinking, but one very general idea is to get him something that turns into a tradition and you give it to him every year. (didnt joe get snow village figurines or something)? i think that would be a cool idea.

    ReplyDelete