Wednesday, March 30, 2011

If I'm counting right...

If I'm counting right, Chubbs McGee is cutting three molars and an eye tooth at the moment. It's been super fun around our place lately. That....well that was sarcastic...if you couldn't tell. We've been having some issues with the second part of our day. He's totally fine in the morning/morning nap and then when lunch wears off and we're ready for our second nap, a new scary child emerges. Today was the worst one of the last week: Ryder cried the saddest cry a baby could cry for 2 and 1/2 hours on and off. I've never done this before, but there's a first for everything---I packed him in the car and drove around for 45 minutes so he could sleep. I know, TERRIBLE thing to start. Mostly because of gas prices... Anyways, he took a little nap in the car and was ok when he woke up...and I wasn't messing around with dinner (that's also been an issue with this scary afternoon child. He fusses and refuses to eat dinner this past week) so I caved and gave Ryder a PBJ sandwich. I knew he couldn't resist and it was (ahhhh) a happy dinner for all three of us. I was talking with some friends this past weekend and we were talking about all the things we said we'd "NEVER do" before we had kids...because only "bad" parents do that stuff. [insert a LOT of hysterical laughing here]. I'm pretty sure I've done almost everything I said I never would do. Whatever works is now my new motto. So I'm hoping that tomorrow is a better day. After I was just re-reading this post quickly, I realized that I do a LOT of complaining and blogging about what a crabby fussy child Ryder is...and that kind of makes me feel bad (but not bad enough to erase this post...haha). I think this is my venting place. So really, overall Ryder is the most laid back, chill happy child ever. Just not when he's cutting his chompers apparently!! For the most part, Ryder is a sweet little child like this:

4 comments:

  1. OMG - just last week both of my boys were not napping, so I packed them in the car and drove around until I was car sick. It's my last resort, but whatever works! You could start experimenting with one long nap after an early lunch or something. Just when you get them figured out, they switch things up :-) I can't believe he's almost ONE! And PS - I have so many "i said i'd never do this" moments, I could write a book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ryder loves peanut butter? he MUST be your son! dont worry about being a bad parent. youre an amazing mom doing the best you can. besides, the first child is the "experimental" baby (i can say this because i am the oldest child). you can try out as much stuff as you want. but when you get to number two, you better have it figured out...

    ReplyDelete
  3. But Camille then number 2 has a totally different personality and you start all over again:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carly, you crack me up! I think teething has to be just miserable. Addison is cutting her first two teeth and has a cold. I can sympathize with the bad sleeping! Whatever brings a crabby baby some peace is what you have to do! :)

    ReplyDelete