Saturday, March 5, 2011

It's amazing what you can get used to...

As I was in bed last night at 9pm (yep, on a Friday!) about to fall asleep, I did a quick mental calculation and realized that I had slept only 3 1/2 hours in the last FORTY (40) hours. Yes, you read that right, 40 hours. Oh, and might I mention that those sweet 3 1/2 hours were not a straight shot, it was two separate times. I owe this lovely revelation to two things: a sick baby the last few nights and a horrible night at work Thursday night. Like I said, it's amazing what you can get used to, right? So when I was falling asleep, I was praying to God that Ryder would sleep through the night. That did not happen. Awesome. He woke up at 1am and till 4am he literally cried and flung himself about. He didnt want to rock, swing, walk, be bounced, lay, or do anything. You pick him up, he flails about and acts like he wants to get down. so you put him down and he cries harder (the worst cry you've ever heard) and wants you to hold him. It's sad because you cannot do anything, you feel so helpless :( I truly think there is nothing more horrendous than a sick baby. You just have to ride it out I guess. So he finally fell back asleep at 4am and was up by a little after 7am. (oh and his morning nap was 20 minutes by the way). I need to invent some cough/cold medicine that can be given to an infant. Poor buddy!!

I would have loved to take a nap today but we had too much planned already. So let's just say that if you thought being in bed at 9pm on a Friday night is sweet, then you'll think getting to bed at 815pm on a Saturday is even better. Keep Ryder in your thoughts for a better night tonight!

3 comments:

  1. Poor baby (and parents)! What meds are you using? I found that ibuprofen works better and longer for my boys. Could it be his ears?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Molly on both points here. Ear infections SUCK and Caroline is always much worse at night when she has them. The only way I can get her to sleep at all is to let her rest on my chest while I sit up, otherwise the pressure from lying down hurts too much. -Catie

    ReplyDelete
  3. those ladies are right..get that sweet babies ears checked! good luck and God speed to a good nights rest, on a brighter note, when you do finally get that sleep the world seems so amazing! Prayers for a sleepfilled happy family!
    Mrs Fussy

    ReplyDelete