Sunday, March 6, 2011

Double ear infection, double the fun.

Unfortunately I feel as though I'm the worst mom ever. Ryder has been sick the last three days and last night was even worse. I made a post yesterday complaining about my lack of sleep (weird, me complaining. huh, odd.) And I had three comments from some lovely ladies all stating that I should get his ears checked out. I will admit that I thought about it yesterday afternoon, I mean it was a horrible cold, yes, but I thought it could be something else too. I thought about how it could be an ear infection but "they" say that babies will pull at their ears and be inconsolable all the time and be feverish. But Ryder never grabbed at his ears, was his normal happy but I also wouldn't call him inconsolable (only at night he was), and he didn't have a fever. So we took Ryder to the open clinic at our Peds office and the doc said both of his ears had an ear infection. So we'll start him on some antibiotics and hopefully in a day or two he'll be feeling better. Like I said, I feel like a terrible mom for not doing this earlier. Joe keeps telling me that it's our first baby and he's never been sick and we didn't know. But of course I still feel bad! I just hope he feels better sooner rather than later so that we can get back to this:


So thanks ladies for the suggestion to get his ears checked out!

6 comments:

  1. Hey Carly - don't feel bad! There is actually research going on right now to determine if we even need to treat ear infections with antibiotics because most of them clear without the use of antibiotics anyway! Your a great mom and Ryder is lucky to have you! :) See you soon! Michelle V

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey lady, i cant even keep a plant alive... youre an amazing momma, so go easy on yourself. i am happy the little big head got some drugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like what is stated above, I also, can't keep a plant alive... You are great, chin up. You couldn't have known. Trial and error. Look at that face, he is as happy as can be, and that is because of you and Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well if you feel like a terrible Mom I feel like a terrible Grandmother. Joe had chronic ear infections as a baby, I should have thought to suggest checking ears. You guys are wonderful parents and don't worry it won't be the first time you question your parenting skills. I still question mine:) Grnadma Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for such nice comments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. EVERY kid acts dfferent when sick, my kids NEVER pulled at their ears and I have been known to take them to the MD when they have been naughty too long cuz sometimes antibiotics fixes that...sometimes its just bad parenting on my part ;)......great job mama you got what your baby needed and maybe go easier on that sleep deprived self of yours - Kara

    ReplyDelete