Thursday, January 27, 2011

Bully

My child can't even crawl yet, but he's already a bully. Yes, a bully. On Tuesday I met up with two work girlfriends (Amber and Gretchen) and their sweet girls (Molly and Stella). At one point we sat Ryder and Stella next to eachother so we could try to get a few cute pictures together. First Ryder takes a swing at her. Next he reaches out and "rakes" her face with his hand. Lastly, he grabs her shoulder and starts to push. I happened to quick snap a picture before removing Bully from the situation. Notice Stella's disgusted look on her face after Bully tried to shove her...she's like "uh uh, oh no you DIDN'T!!!" Ryder is just lucky Stella didn't shove him back. He would've fallen over backwards and then been like a turtle on his back flailing around, not able to do anything. But like I said, Stella didn't retaliate because a) she's too sweet and b) Ryder could eat her for lunch even though she's 7 months older than him...



So I was hoping this was a solitary incidence of bullying and it was some sort of fluke thing. Nope. Today I met up with Teri Starkey and her adorable girl Arianna. What does Ryder do anytime Ari so sweetly tries to share toys with Ryder or give him his sippy cup?? He takes a swing at her! One time Ryder was sitting on my lap and Ari was standing infront of us pointing out where my ears and eyes were. What does Ryder do? He pushes her.

Great, my 9 1/2 month old is a bully already....and he can't even move!! I'm having a hard time picturing what it might be like when he can motor around. It could be ugly. Or, maybe it was just two isolated bullying instances??!??! Or a bad week??!!??....cross your fingers :)

4 comments:

  1. Ha. This isn't funny, but it kind of is. He's just flirting and trying to be a macho man in front of all the ladies. Bring him over here, my boys will put him in his place :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that all the toys are in Ryder's lap and he's NOT about to let anyone near them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. at least he's cute. cute bullies get away with a lot more than the ugly ones.

    youre not going to want to hear this solution... but the little big head probably needs a sibling. he's used to being the center of the world... another sibling will quickly solve that problem. or you could pull the stunt my parents did and have TWO more kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This def. made me laugh Carly!

    ReplyDelete