Monday, January 3, 2011

New Years Resolution time...?

So each and every year most people make resolutions for the New Year. This year I have made myself a couple resolutions. My first resolution is to work my scheduled amount of hours....I know that sounds really bad, but it is what it is!! See, I am scheduled to work 48 hours in two weeks, but I take on-call or absent nights everytime they call me. Now Joe (and his dad) think my resolution is dumb.......they think I should stay home with ryder when I can.

But here is my rationale: if I work all my scheduled hours through this year so we can save money like little crazy money-saving demons...then I won't feel so bad when I drop my hours again after baby #2 (I bet a LOT of my family just secretly got really excited after reading "baby #2"....). I am in my friend Jenna's wedding in August this year, then Joe and I will start to try to get pregnant at the end of the summer/beginning of Fall. So like I said, I will work through the 2011 year at my full amount of hours, then when baby comes (hopefully as planned....I probably just jinxed myself though...) in 2012 at some point, then I can drop my hours knowing that I worked all I did and we saved what we saved!

Okay, after that side step, my second resolution is to do the "ab ripper" video from the P90X workout dvds with Joe twice a week. I'm dreading this one because I haven't worked out for real (besides walking) in about a year and a half....oops. Joe says the video is really hard, so we'll see how I do!

I suppose I could also throw in a third resolution of not eating a carb-only diet, which I do more often than I like to admit....but I don't want to get in over my head or anything. So I better just stick to the first two....ha!

I'll keep everyone updated on how these go. Wish me luck!

Oh PS: Ryder's New Year's resolutions that he asked me to tell everyone is that he's no longer going to wake up for his pacifier at 330 in the morning just so he can go back to bed (but his mommy can't) and he's going to try and only poop non-stinky poops too. Let's hope he can stick to these two resolutions!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I am only openly excited about baby number two (Why hide it?)!!!! YAY...can't wait!!!!!

    PS we are excited to get a little Ryder time on Friday!
    :)

    Amy Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. baby #2!!! i call decorating the nursery... but only after we tackle your master bedroom.

    did you ever get a new ottoman?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep, we ordered the one we looked at that day you were here from Becker Furn. world. It comes end of January. I'm pretty pumped. I hate our current coffee table!

    ReplyDelete