Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Formula

If you remember from my last blog post, I was going to try to add in one bottle of formula a day to supplement the boob milk. I was all worried about introducing formula. I thought "oh, he's going to hate it" "oh, he's not going to drink it" and "oh, he's going to be all fussy and gassy with the new formula". Well, I should have known that my child would love it. (he loves anything). No, I'm not kidding at all: Ryder loves formula. Normally when he takes a bottle he takes a few chugs, tries to sit up and look around, chews on the nipple, drinks a little more and repeat the whole playing around thing. It seriously takes him like ten minutes to finish 4-5 ounces. Well today Joe and I gave him 4 ounces of formula and nervously wondered what would happen (we are so first-time parents, can't you tell?? ahaha) Well, he literally CHUGGED the whole thing in about 2 minutes. He never stopped once, except to catch his breath and go at it again. He was actually sad when it was gone. Apparently the transition wasn't so bad. Now I won't feel so bad if I have to stop the boob feeding and just do formula.

On another note, this weekend we are staying at Joe's parents place and watching their two dogs: roxie and kit, while they are in the Cayman Islands (I'm jealous.) I think it's going to be a loooong weekend: a baby out of his routine, two dogs, and FREEZING cold weather. Good thing we love those dogs :) Wish us luck!

3 comments:

  1. That's great that Ryder had no problem with formula you are very lucky! Have fun dog sitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy formula. personally, i prefer chocolate cow milk.

    have fun watching the dogs! make sure you keep them on their schedule (lol).

    ReplyDelete