Monday, April 12, 2010

Newborn appointment

Today we had Ryder's newborn doctor's appointment at his clinic. If you remember, when he was born he weighed 7lbs 13oz and when we left the hospital he had dropped his weight to 7lbs 2oz, which is within the normal range. At his appointment today, he weighed 7lbs 8oz and the doctor said this was a very good thing. She also said that it's a general rule that babies should get back to their birth weight by their two week appointment---which she said he will have, "NO problem doing at this rate!" so that was encouraging. (is she calling my baby fat?? Just kidding) The doctor also did a complete check of him: eyes, ears (he passed his hearing test at the hospital---good job, Ryder!) etc and she said he looks so wonderful and that she doesnt see anything that concerns her. So we were very excited about that good report on Ryder. We go back in two weeks again and then not again till 8 weeks, which is when he gets his first shots :(

Things have been going pretty well here at the Haskins household, considering us being brand new parents and the c section. Of course, it is overwhelming and there is no sleep to be had. Joe and I are learning as we go along and it's been entertaining to look back at each day and laugh at how funny it would be to be a fly on the wall in our house and try to watch us figure out this parenting thing :) It's been really hard for me with my surgery to NOT do the everyday stuff that you take for granted. I am such a type A when it comes to doing stuff around the house and I told Joe he needs to yell at me and remind me that I should not be overdoing it. I can definitely tell when I over do it-- I get really sore, but I move around better and better each day. I won't lie, I have had a couple break downs here and there due to lack of sleep, stress, and hormones--but that's normal. LIke I said, everything gets a little easier/a little better each day. And it's unreal how much love that both Joe and I feel for our little man, words seriously cannot describe it! I will continue to update the blog as I get a chance here and there.

Thank you to everyone for the well-wishes and phone calls over the last week-don't feel bad if I don't call you back right away as I am slightly busy (!) and also very forgetful in my lack of sleep ;)

1 comment:

  1. glad to hear that everything is going ok. maybe i will drop by some afternoon next week, if you want some company.

    get some sleep lady!

    ReplyDelete