Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Doctors Appt update

Very good news!!! (no, I'm not in labor...but the next best thing though...). So last week my cervix was still firm and not effaced (thinned) at all. My doctor thought I would have to do cervical ripening (a medication to soften the cervix and efface it) this week, which we couldnt do till a full 41 weeks per hospital policy. But today when we went in, I was effaced to 70% and my cervix was soft. This means I don't need to do the cervical ripening (or wait till thursday or friday) and we can just be induced. My doctor actually asked Joe and I, "Since we don't need to wait till the end of the week, would you like me to call the hospital to schedule an induction?" REALLY?!? No, no, please...let me go another week I'm really enjoying this...YES of course we wanted her to call!!!! So when she came back in the room, she said that we should come to the hospital tomorrow at 730am and then they would admit me and start an IV for the pitocin (which causes the contractions). My doctor will come by the room at 830 in the morning to break my water and then we'll go from there!!! Joe and I are so excited and anxious. We were just giddy afterward we left the clinic :)

So this will be my last post for a few days at least...or a while...who knows. But I'm sure you will all get the updates from our mothers or from each other!!!

2 comments:

  1. Just heard the wonderful news that Ryder is finally here and is healthy! I am so happy for both you and Joe.

    ReplyDelete