Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Doctors Appt update

Well today I left the doctors office NOT crying...so that's a good thing! I actually heard exactly what I wanted to hear when I went in: that Ryder's head is dropped down--it's as low as it can be pretty much (just ask my bladder). And, since his head is officially engaged and down low, Dr. Craemer stripped my membranes to try to stimulate some action. I'm not really different in dilation and she said my cervix is still fairly "thick" (I didn't get a percentage on the effacement or anything though--I forgot to ask) but she said what I wanted to hear: head is LOW :) So, his head is low, we've made some good progression, and now the dilation and effacement will hopefully follow on its own sooner rather than later.

As for the scheduling of an induction, Fairview Southdale will not induce you till you're 41 weeks. so next week my doctor told me to come into the clinic on Tuesday (two days shy of a full 41 weeks) and we will schedule the induction. She said it takes a day or two to "get in" so at least now I can technically know that one week from today or tomorrow-depending on when I can get in--we WILL have a baby! Both Joe and I are really hoping that it doesnt come down to that. We want him out now!!

I will try to keep you all updated if anything happens. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers that it happens soon and more importantly, that we have a healthy baby :)

2 comments:

  1. You're not going to need the induction, I just KNOW it!!! It's getting so close- EXCITING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. let's get ready to activate this phone tree!

    ReplyDelete