Thursday, March 18, 2010

9 1/2 months belly pics and Dr appt update

Yesterday at my doctors appointment the doctor said I was dilated to 1cm, which is something at least!! But she said that his head is still "WAY too far up to do anything" really. BUT I'm holding on to that 1cm as something positive. Now I know, I know---I could hang out at 1cm for a couple weeks and it doesnt really mean anything...but I don't care, it's something at least :) I also asked about how long they would let me go over my due date before they schedule an induction (I had horrible images of them letting me go till 42 weeks before finally inducing me--I seriously refuse to go another whole MONTH pregnant). The doctor said that if I come in at my 40 week appointment, they automatically schedule an induction for a week later because they don't let you go longer than 1 week overdue at this clinic. SO, that's the other good news: I can officially say that I will have this baby out in no more than three weeks now :) that is fantastic to have a difinitive time frame in mind-it really does help!

From my work shower I got a Babies R Us giftcard. So I met my mom yesterday and we got all the rest of the stuff we needed off the registry with the giftcard, which was really nice. So now literally, we have everything we need at this point. Like I said before: that means time to come out, Ryder. Anyways, my 39 week doctors appointment is next Tuesday. And below you'll notice my GIGANTIC belly. It's frightening to me, so if you are faint of heart, I suggest you don't look below!!

38 weeks - 9 1/2 months

Bare belly shot...

2 comments:

  1. 1 cm is fantastic! I have a feeling you will have him before needing to be induced!! You say how uncomfortable you are, but you look amazing.

    ReplyDelete