Monday, March 29, 2010

40 weeks!

And this week better be the LAST week too! 40 weeks/10 months of being pregnant feels as though it's been a lifetime. Yep, that's right, I have been pregnant my whole life it feels like...

Over the weekend, Joe and I got momentarily excited over some contractions I was having. On Friday night, I was just being a bum on the couch with Joe watching the bball games (ps: we already know that I am the winner of my bracket...take that MOM and DAD!!) and we started timing the contractions--they were 15 min apart on the dot for a few hours. Unfortunately, they never got stronger OR closer. They eventually went away. So that was just what is called "false labor" where my body is just preparing for labor. It would only be considered true labor if the contractions got stronger/more painful and also got closer together. The same thing happened Sunday night, where I was having a lot of regular contractions, but again, they never got closer and never got stronger, eventually going away. Today, I have had my typical sporadic contractions, but nothing regular or anything. I told Joe that the contractions don't hurt-they are just uncomfortable and my belly turns into granite it's so hard--sorta like a big muscle that's flexing. After I have them for a while I start to get a bit nauseated and my back hurts, but like I said, they go away and your excitement dies because you know it's not progressing :( So again, it's just a waiting game I guess, which as for those who know me, is really really ridiculously hard for me since I'm such a planner!

We have our 40 week doctors appointment on Wednesday this week and the due date is Thursday. I selfishly prayed at Church on Sunday that I would have the baby this week...I didn't even care if it was not in His plan! So be selfish with me and pray that we have this baby this week! Our books this week said that 50% of babies go past their due date anyways and an even higher percentage go past when you're pregnant with the first baby...so these prayers may be unanswered...hahah. anything helps though! I'll post again Wednesday or Thursday and update everyone on the doctor's appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment