Sunday, May 2, 2010

Mom's birthday

I have discovered that when you have a 3 1/2 week old when your birthday roles around, it really doesnt get that exciting...you're kinda put on the back burner. Not that I care at all, it's just funny how fast things change when you have a kid :) Like every other year, you anticipate your birthday, go through with making all these plans, and you get all excited. I'm pretty sure as of two weeks ago when my mom mentioned my birthday, I had forgotten that it was even coming up so soon! I'm also not saying that I had a BAD birthday though, so dont get me wrong here. Friday, some of my girlfriends surprised me with a nice dinner and then came back to our house to have cake. It was really nice, especially considering I wouldn't have gotten together with my friends on my own otherwise for the bday. Then last night, Joe and I went out and had a really good time at dinner and then went shopping (at Best Buy, not real shopping...) while my parents watched Ryder, which was nice for both of us.

I was kinda nervous last night before we went to bed because Ryder seriously had been sleeping almost ALL day long without any long periods of time awake. I was so sure that he would be up all night long but the birthday fairy must have cast a spell on him and I only fed him at midnight, 330 and 7!! so that was great. Now if only the birthday fairy would come every night.....

oh, and I can't believe ryder will be one month old this wednesday. I have mixed emotions: a) excitement that we're getting closer to "better" times (i.e. sleep) and he's getting older and more alert and interactive, which is so fun to watch him grow BUT b) kinda sad because he's getting so big and I will miss his teeny tiny curled up body. I'm weird, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment