Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A nanny for a day (and night!)

Since Joe is out of town for work this week, my mom came over yesterday evening to help. Originally the plan was that she was going to stay till his midnight feeding while I slept after the 9pm/10pm feeding. Ryder had different plans (maybe he just wanted to hang out with gma sharol??). He ended up sleeping till 140am by the time my mom woke me up to pump. So obviously I wasn't going to make my mom drive the 45 min home at twenty to two in the morning, but she insisted on just staying downstairs with him in between feedings so that I could get some sleep. After a (very) short period of debate, I agreed! So she would wake me up to pump here and there during the night, but she would feed ryder his bottle and do the burping, changing, and trying to get him to fall back asleep. I would pump and then go back to bed :) Probably the best sleep I had gotten since before ryder came! I feel so spoiled (wait, no...blessed) that I have the best mom and mother-in-law ever!!!! Not only was Grandma sharol down last night, but Grandma Amy came down in the morning yesterday too and watched Ryder all morning while I was gone at a funeral--she even did some cleaning while I was gone (as usual, of course!). You know, I kinda felt like a rich celebrity who has a bunch of nannies helping out 24/7..... except I don't believe in scientology, don't do pilates, I eat like a trucker and I havent done a stint in rehab. But other than that....

2 comments: