Thursday, May 6, 2010

what a fun night...oh wait

I knew I was screwed last night when Ryder was out cold for most of the evening. you know it's going to be bad when you can barely wake him up to eat and then he falls asleep again right away all evening. Joe and I have been trying this new tactic where joe stays up till 12-1am with ryder and does that feeding and I go to bed after his 9-10 feeding. that saves me so much because before I was staying awake too long after his 9/10 feeding and then by the time i was ready to go to bed, ryder was waking up less than an hour later. so this tactic seems to help me a TON. apparently though, with all of his sleeping in the evening, after his 330 feeding, ryder decided he wanted to stay awake and grunt/work a poop out and fuss till--oh, I dont know...we finally got out of bed at 8am. he never slept more than 20 minutes at a time. bah! dang babies and their randomness. It's a dang good thing he's so cute, otherwise he would be in trouble ;) so like I said, it's a good thing I slept for two hours before joe brought him upstairs at 1 last night, otherwise I would be dead.

Ryder's newborn pictures are in, look for postings with them later. Here's a cute one of him smiling that my mom caught! it's adorable and joe and I have noticed over the last two days that ryder seems to be smiling at us (not gas smiling, but actual smiling) when he's really awake and alert. so that's so exciting!!


No comments:

Post a Comment