Monday, March 26, 2012

We're still here...

Every night I think I'll get on the computer to check my emails and update my blog. Something always comes up or there is always something that needs to be done. But yes, we're still alive over here at the Haskins house!

Sometimes I think it's going to be impossible to do this whole "2 kids vs 1 mom" during the day thing. But then I remember that everyone does it... I think the main thing is just figuring out what works for us. The worst part is trying to nurse Hailey with Ryder around. He absolutely HATES when I nurse her because a)I'm with her and not him and b) I can't get up and play with him. Unfortunately it takes a solid half hour with doing both boobs and changing diapers and burping...for a two year old, a half hour is a lifetime! I guess we'll be watching a LOT of Elmo! Here are a couple pictures over the last week and a half. (and it's true that the second child gets the shaft when it comes to pictures. I've barely taken any pictures of Hailey).

Hailey has gas...

Here she is showing her big blue eyes.
I also cannot even begin to say how thankful I have been to have both my parents and Joe's parents helping us out these past two weeks. They have both been fantastic help and have been so flexible with helping out around our house and especially with Ryder. Here are a few pictures my mom snapped of Ryder playing outside the other day. Of course, it's of him playing in the weeds. He's such a boy...always in the weeds, dirt, puddles, etc.

What a bruiser this boy is!

And here is one of Grandpa Donn breaking the rules and he's busted on camera! I never let Ryder climb up the slide and I just finally got him to the point where he doesn't even try anymore because he knows he's not supposed to... Apparently he is enjoying breaking the rules :) That's what Grandparents are for though, right?!
And an update from last Thursday's weight check for Hailey: she passed! She gained 6oz in two days and they said that was "impressive". So hopefully she'll be getting chubby sooner rather than later. I love chubby babies (and chubby big boys. i.e. ryder!)

2 comments:

  1. Second kids get the shaft on a lot more than just the picture taking :-) It's all figuring out what works best for you and your family, nothing else matters. You are in survival mode. Things will get easier, or at least more manageable with time. Thinking back to just having one tiny newborn seems like a breeze now - huh? Keep the updates coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, its almost laughable how easy one newborn is!!

    ReplyDelete