Thursday, March 15, 2012

The day has finally come!!

Yesterday mid afternoon, Joe and I said, "this time tomorrow, we'll be heading up from the recovery room to the postpartum floor...with another baby..." And I won't lie, we both got some major butterflies!! You know, I'm not nervous for the surgery. I did it before, I know what to expect and I'm hoping it will be better (or at least no worse) than last time considering last time was an emergency c-section and this one is planned. The thing that I am nervous about is Ryder. I'm nervous about how he will handle the new baby coming in on his turf. I know it will be fine, and he'll get used to it eventually. And if it was that bad, every family would be a single child family, right?? Anyways, I can pretty much guarantee that I will be a mess when we leave this morning. Every time I think about leaving Ryder "for the last time as my only child" I seriously get choked up. I have let a few tears drop numerous times when I think about it. Mostly the tears come when I think about his feelings getting hurt :(

Yesterday was sooo incredibly gorgeous out! And to make things even better, Joe decided to take the day off so we could have one last day as a family of three! I couldn't have been happier--we ran errands in the morning, went out to lunch, and played outside all afternoon and evening. We went to the park, we went on a bike ride (which I'm sure was quite the sight to see--a full term pregnant lady riding a bike....) It was a FANTASTIC day! I'm sure today will be even more fantastic as we finally get to meet our little lady :) Our c-section is scheduled for 1pm today (not that I was sleeping anyways, but I did get out of bed at 5am to have my "last meal"!!!) so keep us in your thoughts and wish us luck!!!


Last preggo picture: me on the day of my induction with Ryder (at 41 weeks)


Me this time at 39 weeks. (WOW, I'm carrying so LOW this time compared to last time).





2 comments:

  1. Yay, congrats Carly! How exciting, I'm sure Ryder will be a great big brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They adjust fine... But I totally understand how you feel and I think it is just some of the mommy bearism coming into play when you even think anything will disrupt the way you are with the first one... But life adjusts to another and in a week you will feel like you don't even know what it was like to have one... But I can re,ate because I have tears now remembering this very feeling... Hope all went well today... Congrats to your family... Hope to meet Hailey in the near future... Lisa

    ReplyDelete