Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Hailey Joan Haskins!!

March 15th...the day we've been waiting for finally arrived! After spending the morning with Ryder, we headed to the hospital at 11am to get checked in and ready for my scheduled c-section. With Ryder, we were an emergency c-section and everything happened so fast I couldn't even think while it was going on, but this time was different. I walked myself to the operating room and got onto the table myself. The anesthesiologist did my spinal block and we were ready to go! I was so aware of everything going on and since the OB took her time with this one, I decided I wasn't a huge fan of it. I got really nauseated and just overall did not feel well throughout the procedure. It totally could also have been related to my nerves, but either way...not a fan.

But totally worth it because our little peanut was the end result. Hailey Joan Haskins was born at 1:18 on March 15th. She weighed 8lbs 1oz and was 21 inches long. Immediately we thought she looked identical to Ryder when he was born, but by the next day after swelling went down and she was all cleaned up we decided there were similarities but they definitely don't look identical like we originally thought.


This is a picture after her first bath in the hospital. Gotta love the bow!


As for Ryder, the day she was born he came to hospital and took one look at her and as Joe tried to bring her over to my bed to get a family photo, he bolted off the bed and out the door. He never looked at her again that day or even came anywhere in the same vicinity!

Day number two, he touched her hair and then ran away. Day number three, he started to look at her more and was curious about her...and then we brought her home :) It's been a roller coaster ride since we've been home. One minute he likes her, can't stop pointing and saying "baby" and he even gave her a kiss the other day. And then the next day it's like the worst most horrible day ever and he's crying all day. I suppose it will be that way for awhile, but I know it will get better. I'm actually very proud of him because he was sooo good for Joe and both Joe's parents and my parents throughout the four days I was in the hospital. He was in great spirits, was really flexible, and was a happy camper. That was the one thing I was most worried about last weekend, and I'm so glad that we have such a good support system and our parents took such great care of him. Thank you for being so flexible!!

Here's a picture of Hailey after her first bath at home last night. With that hair sticking up everywhere, she looks like a baby monkey ;)

And here is a photo of what our mornings are like now. It used to be just Ryder in bed with me (or all three of us if Joe was home in the morning)...but now he has to share it with her. Can you tell he's not that impressed??
And here was one point where Ryder thought she was pretty neat. I'm glad I captured this one, because it's so dang cute!
Another one of Ryder checking out his new baby sister. Get used to it my big-headed friend because she's here to stay!

Oh and we also had Hailey's newborn photo session today. It went really well and she was super sleepy the whole time, which was nice. We got some REALLY good photos and I can't wait to get them back. We also managed to get some 2 year photos of Ryder in as well. I'll be posting pictures as soon as I get them back.

Oh, and another side note. Since Hailey had lost 10% of her weight from birth, we had to bring her to the doctor's office on Tuesday to recheck her weight. She had lost another ounce or so, so tomorrow we'll go back again and get her weight rechecked. I'm HOPING she has gained weight a little (or at least hasn't lost anymore). I'll keep you all posted!


2 comments:

  1. Loved this! Ryder will warm up soon - he doesn't really have a choice. ha. I hope Hailey is an angel baby for you guys after all you went through with Ryder. If I have another Finn baby I think I will have to run away :-) Enjoy these first few weeks as they all blur together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the Newborn photo session, love and artistry unite to preserve the innocence and beauty of life's most precious moments.

    ReplyDelete