Wednesday, March 7, 2012

38 weeks belly picture/maternity leave!!

One week from tomorrow is our scheduled c-section! WOW--crazy to think about for sure. Today I had my weekly OB appointment and I mentioned to the doctor my latest issue. Now I want to preface that normally when I go to the OB, they ask how you're feeling, if you're having tightening, if you're having issues going to the bathroom, etc etc. And typically I respond with my usual, "no problems. Things are fine, and I'm feeling well relative to being this big and pregnant." I mean, OB appointments aren't a therapy session where you get a chance to bitch and moan about all your aches, pains, issues with peeing yourself occasionally, and how you can't sleep, the list goes on and on and on. That kind of stuff happens to everyone, and those kind of complaints are saved for your loving husband (sorry Joe..the pregnancy complaints are almost over!)

ANYWAYS, off on a tangent here for a second...so last Friday at work, I jumped out of my chair at one point and literally felt the baby drop. I no longer have had rib pain, I can breath better, and I had a bigger space between my boobs and my big belly. So that's a great thing, right?!! Well I found the alternative to carrying a baby higher...incredible discomfort in the groin. Now some of you already know (whether you like it or not!) that I have been having some varicose vein issues that have decided to show up in some unwanted places....use your imagination if you will.... So that's already uncomfortable when I'm on my feet for extended periods of time. BUT, since the baby has dropped it's been a whole new level of groin pain to add to the mix. When I'm on my feet for longer periods of time, I get these waves of pressure that shoot down my groin and into my thigh that feels like I have vice grips on my femoral arteries. I literally have to sit down because it takes my breath away it hurts so bad sometimes. SUPER FUN!!!!

So when I mentioned this to the OB (I'm thinking...this cannot be normal--as I never had this with Ryder) she just smiled and said that yes, it's unfortunately normal when a woman carries a baby as low as I am. Basically her head is sitting inside my pelvis and therefore is putting an incredible amount of pressure on my circulatory system in my legs---she can come out anytime now. She told me the best thing to do is to try not to do any strenuous activity and stay off my feet. Okay lady...I work 12 hour night shifts in an ICU...AND I have four more shifts to go before next week....that is just not an option. So after talking with my OB and then being encouraged by Joe...it didn't take much to twist my arm and I have officially started my maternity leave as of today. I feel like I'm kind of being a baby "quitting" a week early, but our family is just getting over a nasty cold and I'm feeling exhausted all the time too. So whatever. It is what it is, so what the hell?? Another week of maternity leave for me I guess!!

So here is a picture of me pregnant with Ryder:



And here is a picture of me pregnant this time around. Just like last time I posted a belly picture, it's crazy to see how differently I'm carrying this time versus last time. I'm so pointy like a football this time, weird!

Anyways, now that I finally am not so focused on having to work a bunch of night shifts and how sucky that is when you're at the end of your pregnancy, I can finally say I officially feel really excited to meet our little girl :)

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. You are so dang cute! And almost at the finish line. Can't wait to see pictures!!

    ReplyDelete