Friday, March 9, 2012

Less than a week!

This will be a random, hodge-podge post.

So the other day, Ryder was watching me very intently when I was cleaning the bathroom upstairs. In particular, he loved the toilet bowl brush. Then yesterday I needed to clean the half bathroom by our kitchen. I squirted toilet bowl cleaner into the toilet and walked away to let it sit there for a bit while I did something in the kitchen. Not even a minute later, Joe hollers to me, "What is Ryder doing!!!!??" I go over to see what he meant and I busted out laughing. Ryder had obviously watched me put the cleaner in the toilet and knew what to do next because he had gone under the sink and busted out the toilet bowl brush and was scrubbing away. Of course, he wanted to do it himself and got mad when I tried to take it away. So I let him do it and he actually did a pretty dang good job! (I will also mention that we did wash his hands after this, don't worry). Now...if only I could teach him how to clean the shower....


And I love this picture below. It was from when we had the snow storm the other week. Ryder is such a Daddy's boy, and mimics everything his Daddy does. I just love how I happened to catch Ryder "looking up" to his Daddy :) So sweet!

And tonight Joe's brother, Logan and his wife Amy came over for dinner. If you remember from previous posts, we are three days apart in our due dates. Those are some big bellies!!!


Another new stage we've hit?? Terrible Toddler at Dinner Phase. Dinner is no longer fun like it used to be when Ryder was entertaining, funny, sweet, and most importantly...ate whatever we put in front of him. Now we throw tantrums, scream, cry, and throw shit because my big headed, sassy child is starting to assert his independence. But he unfortunately lacks the proper verbal skills to tell us what exactly is causing him to be so upset. But I think if he could verbalize what he wanted, it would be something along the lines of, "why don't you fools go shove that chicken and veggies where the sun doesn't shine and then go and get me some cereal or crackers or some other sort of bread/carb because there is no way in Hell I am going to eat what you just put in front of me." Yeah. It's super fun.

SIX MORE DAYS till we're a family of four!

No comments:

Post a Comment