Monday, February 8, 2010

Boo the snow...

I am SO sick of the snow! With Joe out of town for work till Wednesday, I was seriously wondering what I was going to do about the foot of snow on my driveway. Certainly as a big fat pregnant lady, it would be a bad idea to try to shovel my way out on my own. But if anyone knows me well enough, you know that I would definitely try and attempt this on my own anyways....but I am a blessed girl and have such wonderful family members: I had offers from not only my father-in-law but also my own mother who said they would personally come down themselves and shovel for me. Thankfully my neighbors are awesome and came over and snow plowed my driveway without me even having to ask. One came in the late afternoon and did it and another one came later at night and re-did it. I think the problem lies here: we have no snowblower. solution: next year, we will definitely get one, not just talk about getting one.

Anyways, with Joe being out of town, we won't be doing our "weekly readings" until Wednesday night. So look for an updated status post later this week on what's going on. I also am supposed to have a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning. This will NOT be happening, as the traffic will be ridiculous (sorry to all of you who have to drive through it tomorrow morning!). Instead I am going to continue being a bum and stay in my PJs and by the time I have to go to work tomorrow night, the roads should be better and the snow should be done. Just two nights of work and then I am so excited for four days off of work! Going out to dinner on Friday for Joe's dad's birthday, I have my first baby shower on Saturday with my side of the family, and then brunch at Redstone on Sunday for Valentine's day :) yay for a GREAT weekend to look forward to!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment