Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I survived

This past weekend was my weekend to work. When I work my weekend, it's Fri, Sat, Sun 7pm to 730. And working these 12 hour shifts gives you little time to do anything else but work and sleep (or in my case, TRY to sleep...).



During the winter, Joe would head over to either his parent's house or Logan and Amy's house to give me some quiet during the day. But now that it's getting nice (sort of) that means that it's cabin season and Joe's parents head up North most every weekend (lucky duckies!!). So it was my first weekend of working where Joe and Ryder took off for the weekend as well. It was the longest I'd ever been away from Ryder. I know it's better for everyone involved: Joe and Ryder don't have to find something to do outside of the house all day/don't have to try to be quiet all day while I sleep, and I can lay in bed till 530pm if I really wanted to rather than feel like I have to get up and hang out/do dinner etc.



But if I am to look on the positive side, being at work and away from my boys really does make me appreciate all the days that I do have off and am able to stay home with Chubbs. I won't lie, there was a moment or two of me getting teary eyed, but I felt better when I'd look through all of my albums on Facebook to get my Ryder fix. I think I must have looked through those albums a hundred times this weekend! But how could you not miss these two??




This is totally random, but I always enjoy a good fat-face video :) It's Ryder after eating breakfast at the table when we were on vacation in Arizona. Not much is going on in it, but I thought I'd post it anyways...








Enjoy the weather today!!

2 comments:

  1. He is so adorable! Those faces he makes, it's like he's thinking, pooping, and smiling all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete