Monday, October 25, 2010

Teething DOES suck!

Everyone always says that teething is the worst thing in the world and it sucks so bad, blah blah blah. Well, I was fairly excited last week when Ryder broke his first tooth with barely any fussiness. I thought, "woo hoo, I have one of those freak children that you don't even know they're teething and one day you look in their mouth and they have a tooth!"

Apparently I was wrong! Ryder's second bottom tooth is almost through the surface, but not quite yet. Joe and I can definitely tell he's being bothered by it because he's been more fussy than usual the last few days. But the most noticable difference in him is his sleeping. Last night he was up every hour to an hour and a half! It was like we were back to the first couple weeks after he was born. I didn't have to go into his room every single time he woke up, but I would say about five times I had to go into his room last night. I knew it was teething because his little cheeks were flame red and whenever he woke up he cried (which he normally doesn't do), and it was a pain cry. Poor buddy! I really hope that tooth breaks through soon so that he can have some relief. Tylenol seems to help a little, but not much! Oh, and the poops are fun too....they say that teething does not give kids runny poop, but I swear all that extra drooling does because Ryder has had some fantastic blow outs and gross poos lately. All of you really wanted to know that, didn't you?!?! Well I work tonight, so let's hope that he does better tonight for Joe since Joe has to work tomorrow too....

3 comments:

  1. I've found that ibuprofen lasts a little longer than Tylenol, at least for my boys. Teething does suck, and it doesn't end until they are like 2 1/2. BLAH!!! Just when you think you are in the clear....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and when he finally gets all this teeth, you can look forward to pulling them out.

    ReplyDelete