Sunday, October 3, 2010

Happy Anniversary

Two years ago from tomorrow was one of the best days of my life: our wedding! (the only other day that can compare is the day Ryder was born). It's funny, I was telling Joe the other day that I feel like we have been married way longer than two years (haha, I know that sounds bad) But I didn't mean it in a bad way. I think there are two reasons why I feel like that. 1) this winter we have been together for 7 years (wow) and 2) SOOOO much has happened in those first two years of our married life. It's funny, it's almost like it's seemed super fast and long at the same time...does that make sense?? Like, time has just flown by but at the same time it seems like a long time ago when I think about specific events. Nevermind, hard to explain.

Anyways, for our anniversary we went to Fitger's Inn in Duluth. We dropped off Ryder at my parents house (they couldn't have been more excited if they tried, I swear) and we headed up North. It was a gorgeous drive-the leaves were sooo beautiful. We had a really good time in Duluth. The weather was PERFECT, the food was great (room service for breakfast!! My first time!!), and the company better. I couldn't think of a better way to spend some quality R&R time with my love! You know, I don't want to brag (but I'm going to anyways...hahah) but I really honestly think that Joe and I have the best possible relationship. (bold statement, I know). I feel so lucky to have knocked it out of the park with Joe. He's supportive of me, he understands me (often better than I know myself, I swear!), he is so incredible as a father and a husband, he's affectionate, loyal/trustworthy, laid back and easy going (love that!). He makes me feel good about myself, he makes me feel like an equal partner in our relationship, and he's obedient (Just kidding, I threw that last one in there to make sure you were paying attention). Relationships take work and I feel like Joe works just as hard as I do to make our relationship stronger and better all the time. He makes it easy to love him and love our little family life together. I can't wait to see what the next year, ten years, and even FIFTY years bring for us!

This is us on the way home from dinner
A view from our hotel room window
Joe eating breakfast in our hotel room in the morning sun.


Happy Anniversary Babe!! (and happy anniversary to our friends Eric and Teri, 10/3/2009!)

3 comments:

  1. Okay...you kinda made me tear up a little there...SOO sweet! Happy 2nd Anniversary!
    Thanks for sharing the pictures with us. So glad Duluth was nice!
    Amy Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. carly,
    i love reading your blog because it's so thoughtful and honest. i completely agree with your analysis and opinions on relationships, they take effort to make them amazing. i see joe & you together and i am touched by how much you really love each other. you are both amazing people and i am so happy that you found one another! happy anniversary!

    camille.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nice comments ladies-I appreciate it!!

    ReplyDelete