Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Ryder's 18 month appt

Today we had Ryder's 18 month doctors appointment. We just love our pediatrition because she's so soft-spoken and gentle, which makes Ryder really calm. He let her listen to his lungs and heart and look in his ears and eyes without any peep. I can tell he really likes her and is comfortable with her, which in turn makes Joe and I comfortable too of course. The only time he got a slightly panicked look on his face is when she un-fastened his diaper and checked his balls :) He kinda looked at her and then looked at me like, "Hey, this lady has her hands you-know-where, Mom!!" Anyways, he only cried less than 30 seconds with his shots and I'm happy to say we don't have to go back until he's 2! I told our pediatrition that we'll probably just combine his two year appointment with the new baby's newborn appointment. Kill two birds with one stone, I guess!




So his stats are as follows:


Height: 32.5 inches-->55% (at 15 months he was 60% for height)


Weight: 30lbs-->90% (at 15 months he was 28 lbs and was 92nd percentile for weight)

Head: 50cm-->95% (at 15 months he was 48 cm and was 90% for head)

Let me also remind you that my head only measures 54 cm....he's got the big Haskins' head for sure!! But I love his big head...part of his charm I'd say ;) So the pediatrition said he's a big boy and there was nothing to be concerned about and that he looks great! Oh, and she also said that he has the "most perfect cheeks"---and she's right!


Yesterday Ryder had another ECFE class, and I tell you, he gets better every time we go there. He never once tried to lead me out the door this week, and during the second half of the class where the moms all sit together and chat and the kids are supposed to play...I'm happy to report that my child never once sat in my lap! He was off playing with the other kids or sometimes by himself, but either way it was without me by his side. Of course, he would come check in with me every five or so minutes---just a quick tap on the shoulder, a smile and off he'd go again.

And then we had my grandparents come down Monday morning and they stayed through Tuesday morning. He was in SUCH a good mood all day Monday, I was so happy that he was good for them and playful with them. It usually takes him quite a long time to warm up to people that aren't in the "safe six" (mom/dad, and both sets of grandparents), but within 20 minutes of them being here, he was playing and interacting with them. I was happy about that. He even had some snuggle time with Great Grandma on Monday afternoon after his nap, and with Great Grandpa Tuesday morning when he woke up!










I'm sad to see this week come to an end because this weekend is my weekend to work, and the start of my longer stretch on (boo!!) But, I hope everyone has a fun and safe Halloween weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I brought zander to his 2 year check up with zaylen for her newborn appt. That was the worst appt ever! Because he was big enough to fight back for shots and was so scared. It was also hard because I couldnt help with him because I had a c-section! Now he screams anytime we go to the clinic for zaylens check ups. :( not saying you'll have the same experience but make sure you bring a helper!
    Kara

    ReplyDelete