Thursday, October 6, 2011

Baby movement

I'm sure most mommas out there agree that your first pregnancy is waaay different than your second one. It's because you are so focused on taking care of your busy toddler that you don't have a chance to really think about being pregnant. In fact, since I've been feeling better in my second trimester and am no longer sick, I seriously sometimes forget that I'm even pregnant! (except for that growing fupa gut I have going on...)

But I now have something special to remind me that I am indeed pregnant and not just having this crazy expanding body: baby movement! I felt movement with Ryder sometime between 16 and 17 weeks last time, but this baby I felt at 15 weeks. It's always at the same time every night when I finally sit down and kick my feet up after Ryder goes to bed. It makes it seem more real and brings a smile to my face every time :)

Today we had Ryder's 18 month photos taken with our favorite photographer: Paula Charchenko of Paulie Marie Creative photography. She's done all of Ryder's pictures since his newborn photos...and she's AWESOME. We went to this adorable little farm in Eden Prairie for a mini photo session (who can get an 18 month old to do pictures for longer than a half hour anyways, right?). Here's just one sneak peak photo that Paula posted on my facebook wall--a teaser if you will. I can't wait to see how the rest look! I will post them as soon as I get them back.



Doesn't he look like SUCH a big boy?? Crazy how time flies. Speaking of time flying, tomorrow I have my 16 week appointment. And that means that I will schedule our 20 week ultrasound there tomorrow---which is when we find out if we're having a boy or girl!! Woo hoo!

2 comments: