Friday, October 7, 2011

16 week appointment

Nothing too exciting to share, but I thought I'd share anyways since family/friends keep track of the Haskins happenings on this blog.

I had my 16 week appointment today, and all is well. I'm gaining weight nicely (if there is such a thing), but not too much weight or anything, so that's good. My blood pressure is great. I was a bit annoyed because when we listened to the heart rate, the OB "guessed" the heart rate was in the 140's--but she was doing it by ear and not really calculating it since she "forgot her watch" today and the baby was moving around so much you couldn't hear it very well anyways. Either way, I know it's just an old wives tale, but we must be having a little boy! Our 20 week ultrasound appointment is on November 1st., so only time will tell.

I was thankful that Joe was able to jet out of work briefly to attend the drs appt so he could entertain Ryder while I was busy with the doctor. And it was a good thing that he was able to come because about 30 seconds before the lady called my name to come to the back room, Ryder so conveniently took a big, stinky dump....I was happy to leave Daddy to clean that one up :)

3 comments:

  1. I think it's going to be a GIRL! How much fun would that be? Two boys rocks don't get me wrong - but with one of each you'd get the best of both worlds. Either way, it's going to be perfect! So excited for you guys to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also think it's a girl! Only time will tell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Car, I think it is a girl too!!! Only 3 weeks til you find out!- Can't wait!

    PS. It was great to see you all yesterday, and Thank you for the voicemail...you are great! I guess big bellies are a good thing for pregnant ladies! :)

    ReplyDelete