Monday, August 1, 2011

Karma

Sometimes I really really need to step back and say "chill out"....maybe then I could avoid situations like tonight. Joe suggested we go to the grocery story together (much easier and faster than doing it by yourself with a child), and we'd kill two birds with one stone and drag all the dry cleaning in too (our grocery store has a dry cleaning place inside the store). So I told Joe to start shopping and I'd take all the dry cleaning to the counter and get that done. Well, I sat at the counter for ten stinking minutes (I know this because I painfully watched the clock above the lady's head tick ever.so.slowly...) Anyways, so this lady obviously had no clue what she was doing. She couldn't get anything right. I was seriously getting so annoyed. After telling her that I had four pairs of pants ("Five?" "No four" "Oh, I thought it was five" "Nope, four" Staring at me, so I count out "one. two. three. four..." "oh, okay then" uuuuuh).



Anyways, after giving out audible sighs and I probably looked more annoyed than I should have, but we got it done. And we finished shopping while I was all huffy and puffy to Joe telling him about the "idiot" working the counter. We get home and we are putting Ryder to bed and the house phone rings (It never rings unless it's telemarketers and the only reason we have a house phone is for a fax machine for Joe's work). ANYWAYS...the person calling leaves a message saying that I left my purse at the dry cleaner counter. Sweet.


I drive all the way back and go to the main service counter and who comes out with my purse?? The "idiot" lady at the dry cleaners. She says--in a genuinely nice way---"wow, you're hard to track down! I couldn't find you in the phone book and I had to look you up online because I couldn't find your # anywhere for some reason" Aaaaaaand I go home feeling quite stupid. This lady, whom clearly had annoyed me because I made it fairly obvious, spent time figuring out how to track me down so I could come claim my purse. I wouldn't have blamed her if she threw it in the trash!


Moral of the story? Chill out and try not to be such a b*tch!


On another note: here's a picture of my most favorite little fat face :)


1 comment:

  1. I have serious issues with that calming down stuff too! I try, really hard lately to keep my cool. So I understand, and I'm all about that karma stuff as well. Glad you got your purse back!

    ReplyDelete