Monday, August 22, 2011

Weddings, a sleeping Cubbie, and Jcrew

A couple weekends ago was my best friend's wedding--and it was also the first wedding I've been in besides my own, of course. It was a huuuge wedding party (27, including the bride and groom) but it was SUCH a fun time! What was even better was that I knew all nine bridesmaids really well--many of them since we were just kids. Friday we did the typical: mani-pedi party and lunch afterwards with all the girls. Then the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. I was skeptical that we would all get our hair and makeup done on time on the Big Day-but all 12 of the ladies getting their hair/makeup done were completely ready to go by 10am!! Can you believe that? We headed to the Church to do pictures before the ceremony. The bride and I managed to get a snap shot in quickly before all the professional pics started:









The five girls in the bridal party that weren't part of the family had some time to kill while all the family pictures were going on. Things got a little crazy in the library of the Church, let me tell you ;)


Amanda "playing" the piano for me :)



Silly Manda ;)



Pretending to have a "serious" model/leg shot...we failed!

The ceremony was beautiful and Jon and Jenna never stopped smiling the whole time. And I was also surprised that Jenna wasn't crying the whole time either...she held it together pretty well! Then the party started on the party bus....



Mr. And Mrs. Juris!!



Trying to fit everyone infront of the bus for a group pic was difficult!



The bride and me

And the party continued at the reception. I felt very honored to be part of Jenna's day! Congrats to Jon and Jenna!!!!!


On to less fun (but still oh-so-important) things. I feel comfortable enough after almost a week that we are back to a normal sleep schedule with Ryder. We got back on schedule, increased the size of his bedtime snack...and things fell into place! Thanks for all the advice all you Moms (and non-mom friends!). I appreciate it!!


And the last comment I would like to make is this: I wish Jcrew would stop sending me catalogs because it makes me want ridiculous things like black Italian leather knee-high boots that are a only $325. Ahhh, if only working part time (and not having normal, realistic responsibilities) could afford such luxuries!!!

1 comment: