Saturday, August 13, 2011

Per usual

Well, per usual, I have been a slacker once again in the blogging world. BUT I feel as though I have some good excuses. For one, I was in my best friend's wedding last weekend. So it's safe to say I was fairly busy (a blog about the wedding weekend to come later). Two: Wednesday night when I was working, I had to come home because Joe was sicker than a dog vomiting/in the bathroom since he had put Ryder to bed that night. I assumed it was food poisoning or something and someone had to be there and functional in case Ryder for some odd reason woke up. So I came home around midnight Wednesday night and by Thursday morning at 8am, we were both begging Joe's mom to come over to pick up Ryder because we were both out of commission. Turns out that the "food poisoning" that Joe had was round #2 of the rotavirus flu (we had it back in the winter too). So if anyone has had the rotavirus...you know how much FUN it is!!! Pssssyyyych. BUT if I had to have any kind of flu, I would take that one because that's the type of flu that babies are vaccinated against. So Ryder skirted that one, thankfully! Unfortunately I had to miss another day of work (well, I'm not that sad about that..haha) and a good work friend's wedding in the process :( Boo.


Last week before Jenna's wedding festivities all started, I did manage to meet Amanda and Camille at her apt pool for some fun in the sun. Ryder decided to throw his hat in the pool and then he wouldn't wear it when it was all soaking wet, so Camille was nice enough to borrow Ryder her pink bandana to cover that big old head. I think he pulled it off pretty well, actually!


Notice the dripping pool of water under Ryder's chair. That's from the swim diaper draining the gallons of water it can hold!


And the bathtub one below is just to show off his nice body. Although, I do believe we are going through our first "food jag". He is not interested in eating much of anything lately. It's pretty much a fight at every meal over the last week and a half to get him to eat anything, even a bite or two of food. He's still his happy-go-lucky self, but not eating. Maybe because I keep posting these sweet body shots that he feels he needs to get it together and go on a diet? haha, kidding. I love that body!

2 comments:

  1. what an adorable little pirate! i am voting pirate for a halloween costume! he can have a cute little mustache... and he's already got the booty. :)

    ReplyDelete