Monday, February 21, 2011

Too young for molars??


We have seen a LOT of the above photograph lately: chewing on everything and anything in site. And tons of drooling. Throw in some intermittent cranky pants and multiple night wakings and you've got a teething infant named Ryder!! (Good thing he's cute, or that "free baby" sign would have to be dragged out of storage...)
But no really, the real reason for this post is to ask the moms out there when their infants began getting molars. Ryder's lower right gum where the first molar should be is super swollen and he's always got a finger jammed back there gnawing away. His other gums on the back of his upper jaw and lower left back are normal sized but that dang lower right gum is HUGE. So, of course I start thinking oh my gosh, he's got an abcessed tooth!!! (but i'm insane and that obviously isn't right) So the only other thing is that it must be a molar. But I feel like he's way young to be cutting molars! I mean, he only has three teeth on the bottom and three teeth on the top right now. Shouldn't he get some other front chompers first? Well, I guess he's lucky because now this summer he can have some steak to chew on or something with his fresh set of molars....

2 comments:

  1. Definitely could be molars. It Sucks. Teething Sucks. Jack was a great teether, I didn't even know when he was getting teeth. Just a year ago I had to count his teeth to make sure he was done teething! ha. Finn on the other hand, don't even get me started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ari got her 1st molars at about 14months. She only had her front 4 teeth when she cut her molars, so its possible. He does seem young but all kids are different. I think kids teeth from 6months through 2 years. Ugh it is a tough time for Mom and Baby!

    ReplyDelete