Monday, August 23, 2010

Weekend update

We went to the Haskins' cabin this weekend. Probably the last one of the summer in Park Rapids (I work Labor Day weekend...booo). It was absolutely gorgeous up there; also probably one of the nicest weekends we've had up North this year. There was some boating, kayaking, and a LOT of ice cream eaten ;) Here is a picture of Ryder riding in the car home. Just chillin like a homeboy.

I love this one with his bucket hat and swim trunks on...he's seems slightly annoyed, doesn't he?!

Anyways, so just as I was thinking about updating the blog saying that every person who ever told me that rice cereal helps a child sleep better at night was lying to me. It's all a bold-faced lie I tell you. (there is one exception--molly---who told me that it's not a guarentee. I chose to listen to the others who said it helped. Hey--I needed some sort of hope to hold on to, right?) Ryder still, even though we've been doing rice cereal every night for two weeks will still wake up 2 sometimes 3 times a night. stinker butt. BUT then (and it may be a fluke...but I hope not) last night I fed ryder and did his night time ritual of cereal, bath, nurse, bed. He was sleeping in his crib at 10pm. He slept until 530!!! then I fed him and I put him back down at 6am. I heard him chatting to himself for a little bit, but I fell back asleep. Then I woke up at 9am and went in there and he was already awake but was just staring at his little crib mirror. I LOVED it. So I'm sure you're thinking, wow, Carly got a GREAT night of solid sleep. Nope. Joe and I got into bed around 1045. My boobs woke me up a little after 3 because they were full. I pumped a little and tried to go back to bed around 345, but I was thinking he was going to wake up at any time to feed, so it was hard to fall back asleep. Then I finally fell asleep at some point and I woke up at 5 panicking because I thought Ryder MUST have been smothered otherwise there was no other reason I hadn't heard him yet. (thankfully, that wasn't the case). I guess I can't complain totally. I did sleep four hours straight before my boobies woke me up. Let's just hope this is not a one time only thing.
On one other side note, ryder is now doing every three weeks for physical therapy rather than every other. Progress!!! Have a great week everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Cute pictures. He's such a chunk, I love it. I think his sleeping is going to get a lot better! (i mean, it can't get worse....or can it?) This might sound crazy, but I noticed around 5 months sometimes the earlier I put my boys to bed, the later they slept. Doesn't always work that way - trial and error. However, I can't tell you how good it is to have your nights back with your hubby and the baby (or babies in my case) sleeping by 8 PM. You'll get there soon enough. Then your mind will block all of this out and you'll want a second one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't lie...these pictures just made my day!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete