Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Ryder's 4 month appointment

This afternoon we had Ryder's 4 month appointment. I HATE doing shots, it's so sad to watch him go from smiling and cooing to instantly screaming. Actually, more like not breathing. He cries so hard his face turns into a tomato and he doesn't breath. Luckily I have two perfectly good calming tools called "breasts". So right after they give the shots, Joe hands him to me and I put him to the boob and it calms him down within about 30 seconds. Then he was fine--fell asleep right away in his carseat on the way home. Hopefully he won't spike a fever or be crabby tonight. Poor buddy!

On a better note, he weighs 16 lbs, 2oz (75th percentile). Two months ago he weighed 12.5lbs (70%). He is 25 and 1/4 inches long (65%). At two months, he was 23 1/2 inches (70%). So he's a healthy "chow hound" as the pediatrition called him! She also asked if he's sleeping through the night, in which I promptly replied NO to. He still enjoys eating at 1030, around 230 or so, and again around 530 to 6am. The pediatrition gave us the okay to start him once a day on rice cereal at bedtime to see if it will fill his tank longer and hopefully help him skip that 2am feeding. She said he probably isn't satisfied enough and that's why he's still waking up to feed. And trust me, it's not that I just walk right in there and scoop him up and feed him. I try to put him back to sleep by giving him his paci, rocking him, sometimes even just letting him talk to himself and try to get himself to put himself back to sleep. 9 times out of 10, it doesn't work and I finally feed him and he acts like he's never eaten before in his life. SO, it's not a guarentee that he will sleep better with the rice cereal, but I'm hoping it does anyways!

I'll try to take some video of him eating rice cereal for the first time and post it for you all the enjoy with us :) Take care...

1 comment: