Monday, December 7, 2009

6 months!

This week we hit 6 months now. I can't believe how fast it's gone. Ryder is moving like crazy, infact, I think he might have even switched positions. I feel him kicking in a completely different area than I used to feel him. Joe and I read in our baby books that the area in the inner ear that senses balance is developed and the baby can tell if they are upside down etc. He was facing down at our 5 month ultrasound, so maybe he turned because he was tired of hanging upside down!?!?!! Or it could be that he's just getting bigger I suppose. He is about the length of a ruler now and weighs about 1 1/4 lbs.

I have my 6 month appointment on Thursday, and I'll do the glucose testing to check for gestational diabetes. They apparently make me drink this super sugary/nasty drink and then check my blood sugar an hour later or something. I'll keep you updated on how that goes. I really hope I'm don't have gestational diabetes because then I would have to change my eating habits (like not eating three sugar cookies after dinner tonight...)

And also, you can look forward to the six month baby bump shot!! Coming soon....

1 comment:

  1. I cant wait this is so cool !!
    Are you going to do a picture every month ?

    ReplyDelete