Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

I LOVE the 4th of July...it's the epitome of Summer and it always brings back great old memories from when I was a kid. And now I am lucky enough to be able to create new memories with my family. Unfortunately my camera battery died half way through our vacation...and before it died, I didn't even take very many pictures. I have been so bad about taking pictures lately!



Anyways, after I woke up last Thursday afternoon (I worked the night before), we were off to Alexandria to visit my Grandparents and my parents. The weather was absolutely beautiful and the water was warm. I was super pleased because Ryder was an angel! As many parents know, taking a baby/infant out of their schedule and routine can sometimes spell disaster....but really he was SOOO good. I couldn't have been happier that my parents and especially my grandparents got to spend some quality time with Ryder.



We headed out to my grandparent's land where Ryder took a spin with Grandpa Donn on the 4-wheeler. Seriously, this kid LOVES anything with a motor. Blender, vaccum, lawn mower, and now 4 wheeler....



Here is my Grandma starting up the 4 wheeler for us because we didn't know how...seriously, doesn't she look bad ass on this?



And this one is my favorite: Ryder kept reaching out to his Great Grandpa Frank and everytime he would touch his hand, he would burst out giggling. Nothing better than a good baby giggle :)



Since it was hot, we filled up the floaty raft with water and stripped a baby down naked and let him play in water. He enjoyed himself!


We stayed in Alexandria Thursday, Friday and then left Saturday morning to head to the Haskins' cabin in Park Rapids. Again...GORGEOUS weather! I have very few pictures from the weekend, but here are a couple--->


Captain Cubby Bear driving the pontoon (ignore that he has no life jacket on... It was a battle that lead to complete meltdown whenever we tried to put it on him)



And the two Haskins brothers jamming out on the boat before jumping into the water.


Even though it was a fantastic 5 day vacation, I was ready to come back home today and get back into our regular routine again. I might think differently in a few days, but for now I am excited to be back home :) Happy 4th of July!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment