Friday, April 8, 2011

Poopy in the tub

We had our first poo in the tub incident the other day. Now, whenever Ryder is about to fill his drawers, he gets quiet and stares intensely at something. Then, if you keep watching him, his face turns a lovely shade of red and he lets out a grunt. Then he repeats the cycle until he is all pooped out (haha, pun intended....) So we're enjoying a little bath time fun and I was chatting with Joe a little when I noticed it was quiet: no splashing, babbling or anything. I look down and yep...poopy time. Which was good, because he hadn't pooped yet that day, but bad because we were in the tub. I wasn't sure if he was successful or not because he stopped after only two grunts. I picked him up...and tada: success! Another little piece of information for you....since he's teething and drooling up a storm, he does NOT have a nice, formed 'baby ruth' bathtub poop....let's just say it was more like brown water. And a mess to clean up. Also, we had our one year photos today. I thought it was going to be great. Ryder had a great morning nap, ate a good lunch, and had a good poop before we left. He was looking so cute, it was sunny out, and he was laughing in the car. ........aaaaand then we got to the studio. Basically we were there for about an hour and he had a temper tantrum almost the whole entire time. Joe and I were jumping around, dancing, pulling out all the stops to try to get him to smile. Needless to say we were sweaty and flustered by the end. Hopefully our photographer can photoshop a few enough to make them look decent. Happy Friday!!

1 comment:

  1. I bet the photos are adorable. Nice to know the consistency of the tub poo... haha. It crossed my mind, but I wasn't going to ask.

    ReplyDelete