Tuesday, April 26, 2011

One year dr appt

So, my handsome little (okay, big) boy had his one year doctor's appointment today. He's such a champ--he got a finger prick which didn't make him cry--it just made him mad that the lady was holding his hand tight so he couldn't move. And then he had three shots: one in the leg and one in each arm. Of course, I had to be the bad one and hold him down while he got the shots.....I swear, Joe always gets to be the fun one!! Not fair. Anyways, he cried hard for literally less than 30 seconds and once I picked him up, he stopped crying and never fussed again. I was thinking that after his afternoon nap he would wake up and be fussy, but I was wrong. He was his typical happy, hambone self :) We did finally find a pediatrition that we like. (If you remember, our original pediatrition we LOVED retired). But we liked this one. What was the one line that was the cherry on top for making me decide I really liked this doctor? When she said, "ooooh, I think someone is close to needing a bra!!" hahahaha. Like most people, she was quite fond of chubbs mcgee. How could you not love this boy though??




Stats from the appointment:


At 9 months Ryder was 28.5 inches tall (60th percentile). At one year, Ryder is 30.25 inches tall (60th percentile). At 9 months, Ryder's head was 46cm (70th percentile). At one year, Ryder's head is 48 cm (90th percentile......must be a giant brain growing in there....and the genes from the Haskins' side of the family). At 9 months, Ryder weighed 23 pounds (80th percentile) and at one year, Ryder weighs 26 pounds (90th percentile). So basically he's a big headed, chubby baby!!! I LOVE it :)

2 comments:

  1. yes, that head and those haskin genes are likely the reason you had a c-section (and will have to have more in the future).

    luckily, ryder is just about the cutest ever...

    ReplyDelete