Saturday, December 4, 2010

We feel dumb....

A couple of weeks ago, our neighbor knocked on our door and handed us an invite to a neighborhood Christmas party. When we answered the door, I was holding Ryder and our neighbor said, "yeah, bring the little guy if you'd like". So we automatically assumed that it was a family Christmas party and that everyone was bringing their kids. The party started at 7pm (which I did find odd considering most people in the neighborhood have young kids...) so we had ryder take a late afternoon nap so he could stay up later than his usual 7pm bedtime. When the wife answered the door and saw all three of us standing there, she looked a tad surprised but welcomed us.

Instantly I felt like an idiot as I looked around and saw that our neighbors were all there and there were NO children. Yeah, sweet. So everyone was asking us if we got a babysitter for after he went to bed, etc. Joe and I basically were like, uhhhh....no. So I went home at 8pm and put ryder to bed and am sitting here writing this blog entry about feeling dumb (thanks neighbor guy). Joe is still next door visiting with neighbors and then in about a half hour, I'm going BACK over there (since i was only there for 45 min in the first place) to play the games they had set up and visit--and joe will come back here and stay with Ryder.

How dumb. Especially considering we EASILY could have found a babysitter between both of our parents. My guess is that the neighbor guy who came over to give us the invite had no clue that his wife was probably telling people that it was adults only. I should have figured it out when I saw the party started at 7pm....whatever. Anyways, party etiquette is always so hard, especially when someone hands you an invite that has nothing written on the front as to who is invited (i.e. "The Haskins Family" vs "Joe and Carly Haskins") Oh well, what are you going to do.

Well I should probably call Joe so we can rotate. How dumb. (can you tell I'm annoyed??)

On a positive note: my girls are all coming over tomorrow for santa exchange/cookie decorating/vikes game. Yaaahooooooo!

2 comments:

  1. at least cookie decorating was a success! and ryder was an AWESOME addition to our party :)

    ReplyDelete