Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I am seriously insane....

.....over Christmas shopping! I know, I know...some might say, "it's freaking November 3rd--why are you Christmas shopping already??" My answer to them is that I absolutely love love love Christmas shopping for other people and I can never start too early. I get so excited thinking of a super great present for someone. And I seriously pride myself on finding and buying something that someone I care about will truly love to get. I can officially cross two people off of my Christmas "to do" list as of today: my father-in-law, Paul and my sister-in-law, Amy Grace! I also bought two other gifts as well!! Joe thinks I'm crazy and just shakes his head. He thinks we should get through Thanksgiving first. But for me, the second Halloween is over, it's fair game. And as for over-shadowing Thanksgiving, I dont see it as that. I think Thanksgiving just gets me even more excited for Christmas when you're with family and it's cozy warm inside the house while you're nice and fat from all the food....

Anyways, happy shopping everyone!!!

5 comments:

  1. I've been done Christmas shopping for my boys for over a month! ha ha. I guess that's what happens when both of your kids' birthdays are in December! Do you hit up the stores the day after Thanksgiving? I LOVE THAT DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to do the after thanksgiving day shopping, but now we do the weekend of thanksgiving up at Joe's cabin since that's where they do all their holidays. so I don't anymore...

    ReplyDelete
  3. no worries carly, youre not the only crazy one. ive already purchase matt's gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I outsource all my shopping to you? I HATE shopping unless I have an awesome idea and can run in the store and be out as fast as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Ashley, as you know Carly, shopping is not my favorite thing - not sure where you got that from. I'll babysit and give you my x-mas list if you want to shop for me!!! mom

    ReplyDelete