Sunday, November 21, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving to me x4

This year I have four, yes four, Thanksgivings to attend. Some may think this would get old, but I love love love holidays, more specifically family time combined with food. Could it get any better?? Friday was my first Thanksgiving feast, and it was with my girlfriends. You know, I love our little family and our day-to-day activities and I wouldnt trade it for the world--- But I will say that I really look forward to GNO..Girls Night Out...every month. It's the only time I typically get to see my girlfriends, so I relish it! We all draw names at the beginning of the year and each pick a month to plan one day of hanging out with the gals :) This month it was at Jenny's place. We did the whole meal: turkey, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, salad, and of course PIE! It was a great night filled with a LOT of laughing. I must have been one wild girl because I looked at the clock and didn't even realize it was 10:40 at night--wooooahhhh everyone!! Watch out, Carly is getting crazzzzzy!! By the time I got home and pumped and got into bed, it was 1130. Now some may say I'm now officially an old lady, but when your child wakes you up early early early...THAT IS late! haha.

Today was the second Thanksgiving feast with the Bartlett side. My grandparents came down from Alexandria and got to see Ryder, which was nice considering they only get to see him once every couple months or so. Again, good food, great company...perfect! Ryder even enjoyed a little of the food. He had a little red jello--he thought it was yummy. He also thought tiny bits of pie crust were the best thing he's ever had. You should have seen how excited he got waiting for the next taste :) He's his mama's son, that's for sure! Oddly enough, we finally found something Ryder didn't like to eat: mashed potatoes. Yes, I find that odd--you'd think he'd love them considering they are so simple. But he had one bite and then refused the rest. Ha, he always keeps you guessing.

Thursday we'll do Thanksgiving with the Johnson clan (my mom's side) and then we'll head up North Friday after I get off work in the morning (yuck) and do Thanksgiving with the Haskins. All in all, I would say I'm one lucky gal to have enough friends and family to have FOUR fantastic Thanksgiving meals ;)

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!!

4 comments:

  1. Ari hates potatoes too. I was also shocked, mashed or baked she will not touch them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack still won't eat potatoes. It has to be a texture thing. Finn doesn't like them, but eats them more than Jack ever did.

    Happy Turkey Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caroline also hates potatoes. She takes a bite, makes a face, tries another bite, and then makes a face again. I was so surprised, but it sounds like it's pretty common!!! -Catie

    ReplyDelete