Sunday, September 11, 2011

We must be crazy to do it again...

Yes, he is adorable-->


But he can be incredibly sassy, just look at that devious smile--->


But really, how could we not want another one??? It happened sooner than anticipated (sound familiar...i.e. Ryder) but hey, we could not be happier to let everyone know that the Haskins' family is expanding!!!! We are just over 12 weeks right now and are due March 22nd. At our 12 week appt our OB said that I will be a scheduled c-section this time so we can avoid the fun of an emergency c-section again. The good thing about being scheduled? a)We know the day it's happening b) our OB doesnt schedule it until 11am so we won't be rushed in the morning and c)they take me at 39 weeks so I don't have to worry about going a week overdue again!!!

This pregnancy is a little different than with Ryder because I have a prescription for an anti-nausea medication--thank the Good Lord! If some of you don't remember, I was quite sick with Ryder and lost a lot of weight my first trimester, but this time I'm doing fairly well. I'm glad to be entering into second trimester now and (hopefully) start to get some energy back and feel more "normal"---as much as you can when you're preggo.

Some people who already know we're pregnant ask us what we think the sex will be. Up until our 12 week appt I had this feeling that we were having a girl (maybe because if we had a girl then we'd be done! hahah)...then we found out the heart rate was 154 (exactly where Ryder was for his HR the whole pregnancy). So now I'm totally leaning towards a boy. Everyone says that the heart rate doesn't neccessarily mean boy vs girl, but I'm definitely thinking it will be boy #2 for us! I just laugh thinking about how I will have two of these running around:

We're very excited and to be honest, slightly nervous. Ryder and his little brother will be 23 months and a week apart. Quite the adventure we'll be taking on here ;)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!!! Congrats Carly! Can't wait to hear the sex, and see your cute baby bump pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you, Joe and big brother Ryder! That's so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my heart rate was in the boy range & i turned out to be a girl... either way i am excited for baby h2!

    ReplyDelete