Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A real, live adult

You know, I really never get used to the sting of being a real, live adult. I mean, I've gotten used to the car payments, mortgage payments, and bills-bills-bills (oh yeah, not to mention a baby)...but the "extra" costs of things---- like new tires on a car (which Joe got today)...DANG it that hurts!! I mean, you already had a freaking set of tires on the car...but you go ahead and pay up the wazoo for...the same damn thing. Woopdie do, I already had tires. This is the time I wish I was 16 and my dad just took care of it and I never had to think anything of it. Uhhhhh, anyways...enough complaining.



Alright, so I'm 15 weeks this week...and apparently the baby is 4 inches long/2.5 ounces right now (about the size of an apple). REALLY!!?? I swear I must have this GIANT ten pound grapefruit-sized baby in me. It is true what they say: your body remembers what to do the second time around (understatement). Starting next week I'll start taking pictures and give you guys some comparison shots from pregnancy #1 and pregnancy #2.



Oooh, and a lot of people do know this already, but we are very excited because Joe's brother, Logan and his adorable wife, Amy Grace are having their first baby! They are due THREE DAYS after us!! Isn't that crazy?!? Amy Grace actually has a blog herself....although she hasn't written in a long time. So by me posting a link to her blog, maybe she will take my hint and start updating us on how her pregnancy is going (wink wink, Amy Grace!!). Here's her blog.


As for the little man in my life---man he's fast! Here's a picture of him 'feeding' himself some cheerios before bed the other night. One split second turn of the head, and this happens:

Well, I suppose that's one way to make the cheerios easier to get at!

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy do i feel ya on the belly popping out! I look 5 months:( haha LOVE the pile of Cheerios!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know the feeling about the kids, but I totally know the feeling about all the things that come with being an adult. It's hard to believe, that is going on currently.

    ReplyDelete