Thursday, June 16, 2011

Como Zoo

Today we had an impromptu visit to the Como Zoo. Now most people who know where I live know that I live quite far away from Como Zoo, but it worked out just fine. While Ryder took his morning nap, Joe and I decided that it was really nice and we were both home for the day so we better take advantage of the situation and do something fun. So we packed Ryder's bag, got some lunch ready for Chubbs and we were off as soon as he woke up.

When you get to the zoo, some of you might know that there is an amusement park that you walk through to get to the zoo. He was looking left, looking right...LOVING watching all the kids. There seriously were about a MILLION children running around. Strollers everywhere. Kids running. Kids crying. Pure chaos. But good entertainment for Ryder. One thing we realized is that Ryder might be a tad too young to really enjoy the zoo quite yet. Half the time he was looking at other people or kids than looking at the animals. The only time he was really into an animal was if it was up close where he could really see it move. He loved the seal because it was swimming back and forth below us in the water and he could see it really well. And he also really liked the penquins because they were flapping their wings and swimming by us. The polar bear was a good one too. Other than that, it was just people watching. Unfortunately I kept forgetting to take my camera out because I was too busy trying not to run over little children (Camille, you would have LOVED it there! haha) So I only took one picture of Ryder and Joe by the lion den. Neither of them looked to impressed with me taking out my camera :)



4 comments:

  1. It sounds like FUN! I miss Ryder-boy...it has been a long time again. (How does this happen? We live so close!) Hope to see you guys this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN! Ari is still a people watcher at 2. haha I don't think its going to change anytime soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! You're right, they don't look so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute lil chubbers!

    yes, youre right... zoo's are not my scene... at all!

    ReplyDelete