Tuesday, July 6, 2010

My first night back at work....(sucked)

Yesterday as I was preparing to go to work, I would start to cry everytime I looked at Ryder. So for about an hour or so before work, I just had to keep looking away from him because I'd start to think about leaving my baby :( I pretty much sobbed hard for 10 minutes when I left, but then I decided I couldn't go into work with a blotchy red face. So I stopped. But I was so sad to leave my little bubba. Of course, it wouldn't be the same old work if I didn't get dumped on, right?! It was a lovely little welcome back night--ridiculously busy and chaotic. I am thankful I work with such wonderful ladies (and gents!) that are so helpful.

I don't quite believe them yet, but many of the younger moms at work ALL said that it gets easier and easier each time you leave, and eventually, you come to enjoy getting a break and coming to work to talk with adults :) Like I said, after sobbing yesterday, I'm not ready to believe it yet. I shouldn't complain. I am so lucky to be working very part time. But like I told Joe the other day, I'm a professional complainer!

I am also curious to see how this whole pumping thing at work goes over the next few weeks. It's actually a pain in the ass to do it at work. With my job, I don't get a set break time/lunch time etc. It's a "go when you can, IF you can" kinda thing. It's funny, there are so many new moms at work that there were four of us who were taking turns using the ICU classroom for our pumping sessions. There were four pumping bags set up on the table and, luckily, there is a sink with dishsoap in the room so you would also see all the bottles and pump accessories lined up drying on paper towels scattered across the table. When one of us was pumping, we'd put a sign up that says, "please do not disturb". It's like a dairy farm back there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment